Art Basel Miami Beach is one of the largest and most prestigious art fairs in the world, attracting over 80,000 visitors from around the world each year, including art dealers, collectors and art lovers. At the fair, over 4,000 artists, galleries and art organizations exhibit paintings, sculptures, installations, photographs and much more. With such a wide selection of artwork, Art Basel Miami Beach is a must-see for any art lover.
Here’s all the information you need to know about the 2022 edition of the fair.
Dates & Opening Hours
This year’s edition will take place from November 29 to December 3, 2022 at the Miami Beach Convention Center. Here are the key dates you need to know:
Private Days (by invitation only)
Tuesday, Nov 29, 2022, 11am to 7pm, First Choice VIP cardholders
Tuesday, Nov 29, 2022, 4pm to 7pm, Preview VIP cardholders
Wednesday, Nov 30, 2022, 11am to 7pm, First Choice and Preview VIP cardholders
Vernissage (by invitation only)
Wednesday, Nov 30, 2022, 4pm to 7pm
Thursday, Dec 1, 2022, 11am to 7pm
Friday, Dec 2, 2022, 11am to 7pm
Saturday, Dec 3, 2022, 11am to 6pm
Miami Beach Convention Center: 1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139
First Access Ticket
Price: USD 90
Admission for one person, on one day between December 1 and 3, 2022. With this ticket, you’ll have early access to the show starting at 11 a.m. and be among the first to enter.
Price: USD 70
Admission for one person, on a day between December 1 and 3, 2022, valid from the selected admission time until the end of the exhibition day.
Reduced Day Ticket
Price: USD 55
Students are individuals over the age of 12 who’re currently attending a college or university. Seniors are persons 62 years of age and older. Proof is required to purchase this ticket. Admission for one person, on one day between December 1 and December 3, 2022, valid from the selected admission time until the end of the performance.
Price: USD 600
The Premium Card includes access to the Art Basel Vernissage on Wednesday, Nov. 30, 4 to 7 p.m., a four-day pass to the fair Dec. 1-3, 2022, and additional access to select South Florida museums.
Art Basel & Design Miami Combination Ticket
Price: USD 98
Admission for one person, on one day between December 1 and 3, 2022. Valid for Art Basel and Design Miami, not required to attend both shows on the same day. The selected admission time is valid for Art Basel only, there are no specific admission times for Design Miami.
Reduced Day Ticket for Miami Beach Residents
Price: USD 55
Residents of the City of Miami Beach are eligible for a special discount. Admission for one person, on one day between December 1 and 3, 2022.
Price: USD 2,200
The Premium+ card is for those who want insight into the art world. You’ll have exclusive access to the Art Basel Vernissage on Wednesday, November 30, and permanent access to the fair and Collectors Lounge starting Thursday, December 1.
How to Make the Most of Your Art Basel Experience
Art Basel Miami Beach is one of the most important art events of the year. If you’re lucky enough to be there, here are some tips on how to make the most of your experience:
- Plan ahead and buy tickets in advance. That way, you can be sure you won’t miss any of the exciting exhibits and events taking place during the show.
- Dress smart. Many of the visitors to Art Basel Miami Beach are celebrities and art world luminaries, so it’s important that you look your best.
- Do your research. Hundreds of galleries and artists participate in the fair. So it’s important that you familiarize yourself with the exhibitors before you go. That way, you can make the most of your time at the fair.
- Make contacts. This is a great opportunity to meet art lovers from all over the world. Make the most of this opportunity to form new relationships and expand your horizons.
- Familiarize yourself with the layout of the fair. The show will be held at the Miami Beach Convention Center, which is divided into several sections: Meridians, Nova, Positions, Edition, Kabinett, Survey and Magazines. Each area has a different focus, so take some time to figure out which galleries and artists you’d most like to see.
Miami Beach’s Most Prestigious Art Event
The Miami Beach Convention Center is the perfect location for Art Basel, one of the most prestigious art fairs in the world. Located in the heart of South Beach, the fair is just a short walk from the beach, restaurants, stores and the best things to do in this vibrant neighborhood. Art lovers from all over the world flock to this event, making it a truly spectacular experience.
So don’t hesitate to visit this premier fair, which is just a few steps away from Kaskades Hotel South Beach. Book your stay now and enjoy the best of Art Basel Miami Beach.